Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Passions

My Passions

I recently had a conversation with someone about my passions.  I thought if I shared my passions with you it would give you a better understanding of who I am.

Passion One

The first passion that I have is evangelism, telling someone, anyway, anyhow about who Jesus Christ is.  Evangelism is one of my Spiritual gifts so it is important that I use it.  I’m a “people person” and that is one of the reasons why I love to evangelize.  Also having the joy of Christ in my life, it needs to be shared.  Others need to be able to experience this as well.

Passion Two

My second passion is youth ministry.  This just happens to be my minor, and actually what I want to go into.  I believe that students have tremendous influence and are obviously next generation’s leaders.  With this being the case they need to start following Christ at the age they are currently at so they can impact the world for God.  I think that it is one of my passions because it was when I was in high school that I fully gave my life to Christ.  And finally, I had multiple youth pastors and mentors that had a huge impact on my life and I would love to be able to do that for someone in the future.

Passion Three

My third passion is homeless ministry.  It seems to me that people that are homeless tend to be ignored.  This frustrates me.  Just because someone is homeless doesn’t mean they aren’t a person.  It doesn’t take much to smile at a homeless person or even talk to them.  God can use you even more than you know.  I love hanging out with those who are homeless.  Every needs a listening ear sometimes, even them.

Passion Four

My final passion that I will talk about is community.  I think it’s essential for believes to live in community and go through life together.  We all can use the support and lean on each other’s strengths.  God gave us the church for a reason, why not use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment