Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where is your faith?

“35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”

39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”

41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”  -Mark 4:35-41



                As I mentioned in my last post finals week is upon me.  This also means grades for the semester will be posted next week.  Now I’m not the most academically sound student out there (my brother and sister got the brains), so this makes me nervous.  I also have to obtain a certain gpa to receive a scholarship that would help me greatly. 

This particular passage has been on my mind this past month, and especially this week.

What does God have to do for me to put my full trust in Him?  Has He failed me before?  Do I think my struggles (right now for me it’s grades) are too big for Him to handle? 

The truth is He has provided for me in the past.  Why would He stop now?  He has led me into the light when my struggles had taken me into utter darkness.  He has been reminding me this week to trust in Him.  He will take care of everything.  If I get good grades or if I get bad grades, He is still God and He is in control.  None of my circumstances will ever change that.

So I want you to think about you aren’t trusting God with.  I also what makes you think that this time God will fail you.  Because when you stop and think about it, there is no reason and no way that He would ever fail you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment